Blackjack Games: Perfect Pairs
Play the blackjack application above to hone your skills before going for the real thing. For your reference, below is the quick summary of rules; if you’re new to Blackjack, it’s a good idea to read how to play Blackjack first.
The best way to master Blackjack:
- Start with the basic strategy
- Make sure to read how to win at Blackjack
- Practice until you are ready to play for real money
In Blackjack, the goal is to get closer to 21 points than the dealer. Going over 21 is a ‘bust’ and loses the game.
- Cards 2 to 10: each card has the number of points of its face value
- Jack, Queen, King: 10 points
- Ace: 1 point or 11 points, depending on what gives you a better hand
Getting the total of 21 with 2 cards is a Blackjack, and it wins the game. The exception is when both you and the dealer hit the Blackjack – in this case it’s a tie (‘push‘) and you keep your bet. Please note that it must be 2 cards only, scoring 21 with 3 or more cards is NOT a Blackjack. A special case is being dealt 6 cards with the total of 20 points or less, which wins.
Perfect Pairs Side Bet
To win the Perfect Pairs Side Bet, your first two cards must be a Mixed Pair, a Colored Pair or a Perfect Pair.
- Start by placing your bet by clicking on the chips. Table limits apply – you cannot bet over or under the set amount for the given table.
- Click on the Rebet button.
- Click on the Deal button. Initially, you are dealt 2 cards (both face up) as well as the dealer (one face up and one face down).
- If the dealer’s up card is an ace, you have the choice of purchasing the Insurance for 50% of your initial bet. If the dealer gets the Blackjack, you win 2 to 1; otherwise the house collects the insurance.
- Make a choice between Split, Double, Stand or Hit until the game ends. If you are dealt two cards of the same point value, you can split and play two hands (and place the bet on the second hand equal to your original bet). Is a split is with a pair of aces, you can only hit once for each hand.
It is possible to double only once (with 9, 10 or hard 11).
The dealer plays according to the following rules:
The dealer HITS
- On any total of 16 or less , including hard total
- On any soft total of 17 or less
The dealer STANDS
- On any total of 17 or more
- On any soft total of 18 or more
Playing for real money
When you start playing for real money, your casino application will display additional options (Balance, Cashier, Player Options, History, etc.).